The Tax Department at Arnon, Tadmor-Levy is among the leaders in its field in Israel. The department has extensive experience in advising both large and small businesses regarding Israel’s complex tax laws, and their implications for commercial and financial transactions. The firm advises foreign and Israeli companies, private clients with significant assets – both local and international – and businesses in investment planning and tax structuring, identifies and resolves ongoing tax issues, represents clients before tax authorities in assessment and objection procedures, and before the courts in tax appeals (income tax, VAT, and real estate taxation).
The department has broad expertise and experience in various tax areas, including corporate taxation, international taxation and the application of tax treaties, mergers and acquisitions, transfer pricing, VAT, venture capital funds, employee stock option plans and executive compensation, financial instruments and capital markets, real estate taxation, trust taxation, intellectual property, incentive laws, and more.
Arnon, Tadmor-Levy is also home to the leading teams in Israel in supporting multinational companies in transactions for the merger and acquisition of Israeli companies, supporting high-tech companies from their establishment through investment rounds to exit, real estate taxation, and personal wealth management and intergenerational transfer. Together with the Tax Department, these departments have been recognized in the most prestigious rating guides, including Chambers and Partners, The Legal 500, ITR World Tax, Duns 100, BDiCode.
Services provided by our Tax Department include:
- Providing tax opinions, including applications to authorities for rulings.
- Advising in identifying tax obstacles and developing creative solutions.
- Tax litigation, and representing taxpayers in tax disputes in district courts and the Supreme Court.
- Negotiating with tax authorities regarding arrangements and pre-rulings on structural changes, tax treaty application, taxation of foreign residents, and more.
- Tax planning for Israeli-owned companies operating abroad, and for international companies operating in Israel.
- Handling various tax aspects of financial compensation for employees.
Real Estate Tax
Arnon, Tadmor-Levy is one of the few firms in Israel offering high-level representation and guidance in real estate taxation, in addition to extensive representation and support in real estate and planning and construction. Services provided by the Real Estate Tax team include:
- Advice and preparation of opinions on various tax matters related to real estate transactions, such as betterment tax, acquisition tax, and VAT, including tax calculations and transaction reporting to tax authorities.
- Advice and tax planning for complex real estate transactions through the correct structuring of the deal, including international taxation aspects if needed.
- Advice and tax planning for financing transactions for real estate purchase and development.
- Advice, tax planning, and representation before tax authorities regarding tax matters related to complex urban renewal projects, such as combination deals, evacuation and construction transactions, and urban renewal projects, like TAMA 38.
- Representing clients in assessment procedures before various real estate taxation offices, including representation during the assessment process, preparation and management of objection procedures to administrative valuations according to the best jurisprudence, and negotiations with tax authorities to finalize an assessment.
- Preparation and representation of clients in appeal procedures before various appeal committees and courts.
- Optimal advice and planning regarding intergenerational real estate transfers within the family.
For over 60 years, we have been advising individuals and families on tax planning aspects of the intergenerational asset transfer of private and business properties, and in drafting family arrangements, including trusts, to meet the complex needs and sensitivities of each family, as well as accompanying multinational families in connection with their immigration to Israel, and in making capital and real estate investments in Israel.
This work is carried out by a team that combines expertise in the relevant fields of Israeli and international taxation, trusts taxation, and real estate taxation, along with experts in inheritance and gift law, marital agreements, and guardianships.
Client Testimonials, Chambers Global | 2024
“Arnon, Tadmor-Levy are so responsive and I can count on their advice. They have experience in cross-border matters, which is so important.”
“The Arnon team has strong depth and breadth, and a high ability to handle specific complex matters.”
Client Testimonials, The Legal 500 | 2023
“We recommend the team for its smart thinking, both in and out of the box. Boaz Feinberg is readily available, helpful and thoughtful.”
“This practice is unique in that the tax group understands the complex interplay between U.S. and Israeli rules, since most of the clients have those types of connections. They are excellent in accomplishing clients’ objectives.”